Ultimate Direction has partnered with three of the most renowned ultra runners in history to help design new cutting-edge products. We were the first, and we are the future – and we’re going to tell you all about it.
Welcome to our blog!
Back in 1986, Ultimate Direction created the first hydration pack.
I was there. I used a Ultimate Direction pack for everything from setting the record running the Colorado Trail and the John Muir Trail, to climbing Aconcagua in one day, to setting the record running Torres del Paine in Patagonia.
Now I am in the newly created position Ultimate Direction Brand Manager. This is super exciting! Because Scott, Anton, and Peter are actually going to be designing packs – they aren’t just going to be “sponsored” athletes – they will be creating the products they have always wanted to use – but couldn’t, because they didn’t exist.
We’re going to show you some interesting new ideas. Sign up for the RSS feed – every week there will be a new post – stay tuned.
- 7-time Western States 100 Champion
- 2-time Spartathlon Champion
- Author of “Eat and Run” – book to be published June 5
- Featured in “Born to Run” – 700,000 copies sold
- Assisted in designing the Brooks Cascadia – for four years the most popular trail shoe
- 2-Time Leadville 100 Champion
- 2-time USATF 50-mile Champion
- World wide ambassador for New Balance
- Assisted in designing the New Balance Minimus – currently the most popular trail shoe
“The key is the ability, whether innate or conditioned, to find the other side of the rote, the picayune, the meaningless, the repetitive. To be, in a word, unborable. If you are immune to boredom, there is literally nothing you cannot accomplish.”
- Run over 75 Marathons and Ultra Marathons
- Only person to run the Double Hardrock – 200 miles
- Mosquito-Tenmile Traverse: the longest ridge above 13,000′ in the US
- Current record holder on Kokopelli Trail, Gannet Peak, and the White Rim Trail.
“I don’t care about running. I just love to do it.”