Matt Trappe’s World Premier of his running film, Kissing the Rock is kicking off in BOULDER COLORADO! Join us for drinks and light snacks while you watch this inspiring film followed by a Q and A with Matt and some local Hardrock competitors. Watch the Trailer Now!
FILM TOUR SCHEDULE
- March 24 – Flatirons Running Company – Boulder, CO
- April 2 – Twin Cities Running Company – Minneapolis, MN
- April 3 – Alamo Drafthouse – Denver, CO
- April 8 – Second Sole – Rocky River, OH
- April 8 – Gulbenkian – Canterbury, England
- April 9 – Marathon Sports – Plymouth, MA (benefiting the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute)
- April 13 – Henry Strater Theater – Durango, CO (Durango Running Company)
- April 15 – US National Whitewater Center – Charlotte, NC
- April 21 – iRun – Phoenix, AZ
- April 21 – Deckers/Santa Barbara Running Company – Goleta, CA
- April 22 – San Francisco Running Company – Mill Valley, CA
- April 23 – Seven Hills Running Shop – Seattle, WA
- April 28 – Road Runner Sports – Falls Church, VA
- May 13 – Evolution Healthcare & Fitness – Portland, OR
- July 13 – Hardrock 100 – Silverton, CO
The hardrock miners of Colorado experienced adversity on another level through the hardships they faced in the San Juan Mountains. When the mines closed and the jobs dried up the town of Silverton was in search of a new identity.
The Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run epitomizes the community aspect of mountain running perhaps due to the grueling nature of the course and the adversity the runners face. The mentality of everyone vs. the mountain exists especially at Hardrock. Friends and runners gather each July in Silverton and a town is reborn.
A production by Matt Trappe Photo & Film
In association with Louder than 11
Edited by Matt Trappe Louder than 11
Additional Editing by Jess Carfield
Score by Fizzix Productions
Post Produced by Louder than 11
Produced and Directed by Matt Trappe
Film made possible with support from Ultimate Direction, Hoka One One, Clif Bar, Feetures! and Competitor Magazine.
Hey, been lookign forward to this since last years run. Will you be releasing this film at any point as living in the UK I can’t make any of the screenings?Thanks Tim
UK show coming soon Tim!
Any chance of getting a showing in Austin?
Talk with your local running shop!
I am one of the event coordinators for the Birmingham Ultra Trail Society (BUTS), we are a non-profit trail running society working to educate, promote, encourage, and build trails in the community. We would love to get the tour to stop in Birmingham Alabama or purchase the DVD to show to our road and trail running community. Would either of these be possible ??
Hi Shellie! Send me an email and we’ll get rolling. email@example.com
Will the film be released in DVD format, for purchase?
Hi Greg – You are missing an ‘e’! The film will not be available on DVD. It will be on the web later in the year.