About Peter Bakwin: Physics minded and fit Peter is all about product testing, advocacy and adventures, with over 75 marathons and ultramarathon races on road, track and trail under his belt he’s no stranger to endurance. Also an avid statistician, Peter created the Fastest Known Times website that was featured in Running Times Magazine. It tracks speed records for trails and routes around the world.
Peter is not one to brag but looking at his track record he has been there, done that. In his own words “I don’t care about running. I just love to do it.”
- Winner of the Tuscarora Trail 6-day, 250-mile race (2003)
- First person to run the 223 mile John Muir trail in less than 4 days, 94h04m (2003)
- Current speed record holder for the 141 mile Kokopelli Trail, 32h47m (2004)
- Cascades Trifecta: Rainier, Hood & Adams in 28 hours (2005)
- Double Hardrock Hundred, 200 miles with 68,000 feet of climbing, in 90h50m (2006)
- Current record holder on the 100 mile White Rim Trail, 18h43m (2006)
- Current record holder on Gannett Peak, the highest summit in Wyoming (2009)
- Mosquito-Tenmile Traverse: The longest ridge traverse entirely above 13,000 feet (28 miles) in the contiguous USA (2011)
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I
provide credit and sources back to your weblog?
My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would really benefit from some
of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay
with you. Cheers!
What is your blog? We would like to look at it first.